Bunion surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello I had bunion surgery on my left big toe and my second toe got a screw put in to correct my hammer toe... I had the surgery on Thursday today is only Tuesday I finished all my pain pills this morning. I miss  still having a burning feeling and throbbing on the top of my foot the pills help do they usually give more on my one week check up? Also do they remove the screw from my 2nd toe? My doctor is on. Vacation so I can't  call to a ask these questions Thankyou questions Thankyou nicole

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole. No they don't give you more pain relief. Call your own Drs surgery, explain what you've had done and can your Dr prescribe more pain relief?

I can't help regarding removing the screw from your hammer toe. Mine has a pin in it whilst it fuses together and will be removed in 4 weeks time.

Good luck with your healing process

• Posted

Hi Nicole I had my bunion n hammer toe done last thurs. my pain was terrible for first few nights but it is manageable now I can only take paracetamol though. N I have a pin in my hammer toe when I stand my foot feels like it gunna explode but I've read that's normal too  I can't wriggle my big toe but I can feel it n it a good colour. I'm gunna my dr this thurs for nurse to change bandage ( they don't know yet) n il have a sneaky peek at it  x

• Posted

Update nurse been n changed bandage but not touched dressing. Says that my toe looks fine bruising is normal as well. Lots n lots of bruising all round foot more than last time  say keeps foot up as much as poss but move a little often so now t wait till next tues f host visit    Hope you are doing ok xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.