Can my thigh pain be from CKD?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am diabetic (58 yo) struggling to understand CKD.  Recent check up revealed a eGFR of 57.  I went out of town so it was a month before they did the recheck for the eGFR and it dropped to 50.  My A1C was typically 6.5 but has dropped so I am controlling my sugar, and I don't smoke or have high blood pressure.  I have a problem with my leg (high front thigh) being extremely week and painful.  It is difficult to lift. 

I need to find a better doctor so until that appointment I am looking to understand how my eGFR compares to other pertinent lab work.  Can anyone give me some "cliff notes" on this topic? 

Can my thigh pain be from CKD?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louisa, sorry I cant advise re your GRF, and I dont have diabetes.... but I have had that pain on the upper thigh at the front.  In my case it turned out to be coming from my lower back, even though my back didnt hurt.  There are some specific positions/stretches a doctor can do to your leg to diagnose where the pain is coming from.  I was convinced it was a DVT!   If it is severe, and/or there is heat, swelling, redness, go to a doc sooner rather than later! Otherwise, hopefully, it will be like mine, a referred nerve pain, or a muscle pain. Hope its better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Louisa, I'm a kidney doctor, if you want to know something about CKD. You can leave us your message, or we can answer your doubts for you?

• Posted

Hello, I am a doctor of kidney disease. Now your GFR has declined. It means that the condition is serious and should be treated as soon as possible. If you want to know something about the disease, you can contact me
  • Posted

Hello, I am a doctor of kidney disease. Now your GFR has declined. It means that the condition is serious and should be treated as soon as possible. If you want to know something about the disease, you can contact me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.