Possible acetaminophen alcohol toxicity

Posted , 3 users are following.

On February 2nd 2017, I drank 9 to 11 beers (I have drank atleast 30 times before this) the next day, I was having tooth pain so I took 2 500 mg acetaminophen tablets and one naproxen tablet. That night my liver felt like it was being prodded. I was honestly prepared to die (I felt worse than I ever had) Experienced diarrhea, of unprocessed food. A couple days later I started to itch, got a gross taste in my mouth, and started experiencing heartbeats from 90-110. After 2 or 3 weeks, the searing liver pain finally disappeared (Or abdominal pain can't definitely say it was liver) Anyways I had two liver function tests after this all went down and both tests came back normal and "healthy". After 6 months heart rate was back down to 70-80, but still experiencing a little bit of itching, and my legs and arms seem like they always fall asleep in certain positions (never did that before). So 2 days ago now that I have been feeling about 75% better I decided to drink one beer. Terrible choice threw up all night and had to leave work. Liver felt like it was being prodded again and felt I felt like pretty much back to square one

Itching is back and worse than ever. Anyways my lft came back normal but I think there is something wrong with me. I am only 19 years old....... I used to be able to drink but not anymore. Does anyone have any advice for me to make me feel like I did February 1st this has been a nightmare. Thanks guys for reading this

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

In the last paragraph I stated my lft was normal that was roughly 5 months ago haven't had one since to clear up.

• Posted

Have also quit eating junk food and drink nearly a gallon of water a day.
    • Posted

Trust me I went through the same road I think its anxiety anxiety will play trick on your body if your liver enzymes are back to Norma just take care from now on and you will be ok doctors will just make you think is the worst trust me it at there best interest for everyone to be sick I had my liver enzymes super high got them back to normal and now wach my drinking and don't ever mix alcohol with Tylenol or Advil it will cause high liver enzymes trust me it happen to me

• Posted

What were your initial symptoms when you went through this? And did you ever return back to normal if you reply it would mean alot.
  • Posted

Itching to me sounds an allergic body reaction, I'm just relating it to my experience when I got an allergic reaction to turmeric, I made a trumeric powder tea with coconut oil. BIG mistake my hands wouldn't stop itching for two days straight it was awful. Do you think your liver maybe had an allergic reaction to alcohol? it doesn't mean it will be forever, I can tolerate turmeric in low amounts, but for the time being maybe it just needs time to recover. I hope you feel better

• Posted

I wish I had an answer for you. I really know nothing about liver problems and came on here looking for answers myself because I have pretty much every single skin symptom for liver issues and I didn't connect the dots till 6 days ago when my palms turned red and my dermatologist confirmed Palmer erythema. My comprehensive metabolic panel is normal.

I drank toms in my 20s, I am 35 now and haven't drank in several years however I have been taking Tylenol for 5 or 6 months now and wasn't aware it's harmful to your liver taking it the way I was taking it. From now on, I will not take Tylenol anymore. I have heard you shouldn't take Tylenol and drink at the same time.

I think it's more likely then not that you are okay at this time but deff don't mix them again smile

• Posted

Thanks for everyone for the replies, I just don't know how much longer I can take feeling like s**t and not have any clue why, wish I could go back and change my mistake and make my life normal again. I understand what you mean about the allergic reaction, bluebonnet, and appreciate the advice, but i have been itching since February 1st and it hasn't stopped since but I do see your point, and thanks for the upbeatness Luis I definitely have too much anxiety, and did you ever get back to normal? Thanks for replies again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.