I don't know how much more I can take...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I need to vent, and maybe get some support..

So I'm 25 and a single mom of two boys, work full time. I suffer from Bipolar 1, anxiety, and ptsd. I stopped taking my meds years ago, and it's really catching up to me.. My low swings are getting really bad and I legitimately feel scared of myself, I'm always thinking "What if I go through with it?" "What if I act out these thoughts?" And I am at the point where I am terrified that I will follow through with my thoughts in a low swing.. My boys are my LIFE.. I live for them, breathe for them, get out of bed everyday to work a job to provide for them, and they are the only reasons I am alive today! I'm so tired of waging war with myself every single day.. I'm tired of fighting.. I just want my boys to be happy and healthy even if it's not with me.. God I don't know how much more I can take ..

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Get back on your meds. Go back to regular session with your gp, psychiatrist . And over time things will seem normal again. Best wishes xxx
  • Posted

I'm in a similar situation, i've been off my pills for 2 years, i have one child that i also strive for everyday. I've been finding myself being pulled into what u call low swings and been feeling maybe i would try going back on pills. but i've had such bad side effects from what i was previously on. it's so hard to know what to do.  

• Posted

If you are still on Patient, I am hopin you are better. I feel for you.

Although i dond have bipolar..who knows maybe i do..  rolleyes

I know what its like to live for your boys.

I completely feel the same. I do everything for them, and if it werent for them, i have no idea what would happen.

Do you know what happened and why you discontinued the medication last year?

I know what you mean when you say your tired of fighing...its really exhausting...

If this reaches you ..please give me a shout out.

Im a single OLDER mom, though strugglin BIG time with menopause and Depression..the combination is really awesome.

XX

kauaiblue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.