OA vs RA

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got a question for those who have lower back OA and RA of the lower back and hips. Can you diferientiate between the pains? I have lots of lower back OA and had an oblation of the lower 4 nerves, before I recovered from that I fell and cracked my sacrum and during that time my Enbrel quit working. I started having pain in knees, ankles and feet. I already have it in my shoulders, elbows, wrist and hands. To me I have a different kind of pain in my shoulder than my hands. So I would like to hear if anyone else can tell me what RA feels like in your lower back and hips. Thanks, I hope I was clear enough with this question smile

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had widespread OA before the onset of RA/PsA, I think RA attacks already damaged joints so my joint problems and pain are the result of both. Certainly there is no difference in pain from one joint to another - pain is pain.
    • Posted

I have it bad in my shoulders and usually have a sharp pain, my elbow has a tearing pain and my fingers feel like they are broken.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.