Feeling better after the fall and got my even up shoe

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all just an update so I'm almost 5 weeks post op. I fell down the stairs the other day thank goddess for the cast I'm ok! I got my even up shoe today because I have 12 more days until the cast comes off. My foot wants to move so badly! I've developed bursitis from using the one arm to pull myself up! Uggghhhh this crutch life is not for me. I went driving today by myself felt a sense of independence though! Have a great weekend all!

Danette 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hope your OK after your fall. Don't think I would get on with the cry that go under the arm. Mine go around just above the elbow with a hand. Rest, but that made my hands hurt in the beginning. So you are now road tripping, great isn't it, and I hate driving, but that was one of the biggest things I missed. Like you, just for independence. Just do small journeys first. I found if I drove more than half hr my ankle ached plus the leg muscle from knee upwards. Ooooch. Keep. Going.... Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.