Nerve problem with my feet

Posted , 3 users are following.

i recently had a three month job where I was on my feet a lot. I'm now finished this job. The bottom of my feet started hurting me, gradually getting worst and worst. I thought it was my plantar fasciitis coming back. I went to a different poditrist . Upon examination, he diagnosed a nerve problem. And prescribed Lyrica. Forgot to say, it's not neuropathy. Took medicine first three days, fine. Increased to two pills, second day, major dizziness. Are there other similar drugs? 

I read where most people took it at night, I was taking in morning.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I must admit, I am very cautious of drugs, though at my senior age I feel I take way too many...ugh.  What I do know so far for me is that the pain in the bottom of my foot and around the great toe is due to 'degenerative metatarsal...or a glorified way of saying joint irritation or another glorified way of saying joint arthritis.  I thought it was neuropathy...still may be some of that.  I found some really helpful products on Amazon...neuropathy pain relief creams, a couple patches with 4% Lidocaine I find incredibly helpful.  My Doctor suggested Aspercream with Lidocaine...haven't tried that one yet.   Good luck....I had no idea foot pain could be so challenging to deal with until it happened to me.

• Posted

Thanks for answering. I am so tired of my feet hurting. For more than five years I'm been trying to Line Dance for the exercise, and love of dancing.  Since then, I've overcome plantar fasciitis, and had a stint due to blockage in my leg. I was just getting to where I could dance some. Then I went to work for three months. Now I have this pain. The doctor manipulated my food with little pain. Only in my arch where he says that is the nerve. 

The Lyrica, the short time I took it,(5 days) seemed to be helping me. Then when I had to increase the dosage, I started  getting dizzy. I'm going to give the Lyrica one more chance. I'm taking only one, at night before I go to bed. I'll see if the dizziness goes away in the morning.Wish me luck. I'm 77 years old and am feeling good otherwise. 

Like I told my old 94 year aunt who was complaining about her hair. YOur hair is 94 too. Well, my feed are 77 years old too.

• Posted

Hi Dee

Which part of your foot is giving the problem?  the ball of your foot?  Behind your toes in the middle?  Or behind your toes towards your pinkie?  I've had bad feet for years.  I had a Morton's Neuroma (which is a swollen nerve) and had it surgically removed.  It cured part of the problem but I think I also have fallen arches and/or bursitis.  You can google all three to find out more.

David

• Posted

What my feet felt like were that the bottoms of my feet were bruised. No one particular place, just the whole bottom was "sore". 

Then as time went on, my heels started hurting in bed. When the doctor manipulated my foot, there was no place that was an "ouch" place. Except in my arch. When he'd press the arch, it was sore.

he told me it sounded like a nerve problem. That was was hurting was the nerve in my arch. The Lyrica seemed to be helping, I took one for three days, but when I went to the two per day, I got very dizzy. Very. He told me to stop and we'd discuss it next visit. But I was thinking of taking one at night so maybe the dizziness would pass. Have you ever taken Lyrica.

• Posted

Do you check your blood pressure?   Also,  I want shoes that look nice so I look around for that but now also look for shoes that give good heel and arch support and also wear these little sleeves that I have used with plantars Faciitis...It all helps me a little bit more than not.
    • Posted

Yes, my heart doctor has checked the pulse in my legs, and they not as espected for a senior, but no problem to cause my feet problems. I had to quit taking the Lyrica, it was helping me, but I started getting soooo dizzy. Back to the doctor Monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.