I have severe foot pain Help!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im a 14 year old boy. The back of my foot has been hurting me for about 4 months. After I run my whole foot starts burning.I usually do at of running especially in gym. But today I just cant stand it. I play football and its just killing me to run. Its the back part of my foot. I need answers and fast. What do I need to do to fix it. Hurts all the time now.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a podiatrist? Or your GP? That's the first place  to start.

• Posted

Hi Jackson. What you are describing is exactly what my son went through. He was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis and had to give up his running and football for a while to allow it to heal. He visited a Physio and followed all his treatment advice and was OK within 3 months. I am not a Physio or a doctor so do not think it is appropriate to tell you what he had to do (nothing awful!!) but , like dee1939, would recommend you go for a check up with a Physio or Podiatrist and get professional advice. Until then, like angela78766, I recommend resting it and using ice to ease it. I know the pain is excruciating - it won't go away without the correct treatment/exercises but it can be beaten!!

• Posted

Try elevating and applying cold pack.  Do you have good supportive running shoes.  If you have pain after running, you are irritating something and need to figure out what it is, a bone, a nerve...the way your foot lands.  My suggestion is to see a podiatrist and find out the cause.  Your answer may not come real fast but fortunately you are young and so your body will heal quickly if you give it time and rest to do that.
    • Posted

I'vee bought all sorts of walking shoes recommended by my podiatrist. Spent many dollars trying to find some that were comfortable. I'm starting a new medicine for nerve pain. I tried Lyrica but couldn't tolerate it. Made me dizzy. Received a cordizone shot in left heel, plus new medicine. See how that goes.

• Posted

Will be interested in hearing how that cortisone shot works out.  I think it may have helped for my back.
    • Posted

Will let you know how that turns out. I'm so tired of my feet hurting. All I want to do is be able to line dance enough to enjoy myself and get a little exercise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.