First time with Cystitis!!! AGONY

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last week I was diagnosed with Cystitis, I was bleeding when urinating, needing to pee constantly, had a burning pain when weeing, cloudy urine and a full bladder straight after I wee'd. Wouldn't wish the pain upon anyone!! I was prescribed trimethoprim, 2 tablets a day for 7 days. I have finished the course but my bladder still feels full when I wee and it feels uncomfortable, I also feel generally unwell and so extremely tired due to the trimethoprim causing temporary insomnia. My doctor is now going to give me Keflex Cefalexin and I have to do a urine sample. Why didn't it clear up the first time? this is my first UTI. 

Any Advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey!!! I feel your pain, from a girl that has chronic cystitis and has experienced this many times I'm sorry you did! 

Trimethoprim is one of the weaker antibiotics when it comes to urine infections and like for me it doesn't work. It just means your infection was really strong (especially if you were bleeding) so it wasn't strong enough to clear it up. 

Ceflaxcin that you're on now is a lot better and always clears my infections. 

Hope you get better soon! 

• Posted

Hi, I really do feel your pain. I've been getting cystitis regularly since my early 20s and I'm now 50. I've taken all sorts of antibiotics, always needing stronger and stronger ones. However, recently I was told about turmeric for cystitis...while sceptical at first...I tried it. Once I noticed initial symptoms...needing to pee more often, slight burning and some water retention after pee-ing...I took three capsules, then after an hour, I took three more, then after another hour, I took three more, then fell asleep...and when I woke up, my symptoms had gone. First time ever I have got rid of cystitis without antibiotics...It has happened again since (about a week ago) and I did the same...and my symptoms left me...I am so happy and eternally grateful the person who told me about this...thirty years of disgusting antibiotics...I hope i never have to take them again for this. 

• Posted

Try D-Mannose or Uva Ursi Herb.  I use lots of herbs now to get rid of anything because after last time when it hung around for 2 years and then diagnosed with IC I swear it was because of antibiotics.  Don't let a simple UTI turn into something that will leave you running around in circles trying to find out what is wrong with you and you feel like you just havnt got rid of the bacteria properly.  Its hell, trust me 2 years!!  I was a complete mess.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.