Low estrogen levels?? Period messing with hormones and causing anxiety and mood swings

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently I've been suffering with really bad anxiety and a few occasional moods where I feel depressed, down and fed up about life in general.

I constantly battle with the anxiety, some days its not so bad other days its horrible for me.

I have started noticing recently that my moods are changing 2 weeks before my period. I start feeling very emotional, like I could cry at anything. Then I start to get bad mood swings, nothing like Ive experienced between. I can be really giddy and happy one minute and feel like life is really s**t the next. Its really taking its toll on my relationship, I find myself very short with my boyfriend when Im feeling like this and I start to over analyse our relationship and things that are happening within the relationship. Stuff that when Im feeling 'sane' wouldnt bother me to the extent they do when Im feelings s****y.

I googled stuff to find out information about this, and determine what hormones are effecting my moods so massively. I've come to the conclusion that my estrogen levels are probably at lot lower, during the times Im feeling anxious and depressed ( 2 weeks before my period ). The lower estrogen levels could explain other illness' I suffer from. I haven't self diagnosed myself with, I will be going to the doctors with my concerns, but Im just wondering if anyone suffers with the same problem and If they know of any good supplements and vitamins that I can try to up my estrogen levels.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am not sure of any supplements you can take but just see what your bloods are showing and what your doctor says. Search up a hormone imbalance quiz and that will give you more of a indication- they really helped me! Good luck hope you feel better soon... I experienced estrogen levels as low as a menopausal person for a while... I'm 17 so I can agree with you that it's not a fun time. 

• Posted

It's not fun at all no! 

I will definitely look into that so thank you for your help smile xx 

• Posted

Hi

This sounds like PMS / PMT.  Have you tried the pill to help with this?

I have been told by a nutritionist that flaxseed if a phytoestrogens. So will help Boost your oestrogen levels if low or reduce them if high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.