Vitamins

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could a vitamin (or something else) deficiency explain any of the GS symptoms? Do you have any? I'll try to do a B12 test next month.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No.  Although many people have vit D and magnesium deficiencies, and ensuring you get enough vitamins will certainly help keep your energy levels up...
  • Posted

I have wondered about this! I had my first problem with GS 9 years ago.. And it wasn't until now that I had another one.

9 years ago I was about 16 and I admit now I would fast for days to hopefully lose weight.

Now I am 2 months vegan and had another flare up after having a bladder infection.

I wonder if you got your b12 test done??

• Posted

I have a vit. B12 deficiency.

You say the test was normal.

If you read information about the tests for B12 then you can see that there is a lot of misunderstanding about this issue.

So best is to inform yourself and read about it.

I only have information in Dutch so i cannot help you further.

Good luck!

• Posted

I was able to block Mr G with Taurine an aminoacid.

I dont show any low level o vitamin except for Vitamin D.

I am 73, 6.6 and 300 pounds.

I take 500 mg of Taurine 3 times a day and it helped a lot, 

not cured, but yes a big difference. Due to my size, please

dont take Taurine without a doctor advice.

Regards

• Posted

Update: exams are fine but magnesium and vitamin A slightly above normal. Explains why my weight is low but... makes no sense, I'm checking a doctor next month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.