Shall I suggest to GP moving from 50mg to 100mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

1 week on 25mg, 3 weeks on 50mg and no remission in my severe anxiety yet. It feels like it's not working, but could it be I need a higher dose. Any thoughts on this from anyone. I go to the GP tomorrow.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. I was on 50mg for 4 weeks and it did nothing for me, my doc put my dose up to 100mg and I'm now beginning to see a real difference. Of course everyone is different but it certainly has worked for me so far.

• Posted

Yes I think you should ask to go up a bit on the dose. Or maybe see if one more week helps as you started off on 25 years which is a low dose. With each increase as well there will be side effects from that. It takes a good few weeks to properly get into your system so I suppose we just have to ride it out. Also if you were particularly anxious before the meds sometimes it gets worse before it then gets better. 
  • Posted

Hello John, yes, move up to 100 if you feel the need. I was also on 50 for a few weeks then moved to 100 and things started to improve, i could actually watch telly again and the like. A few weeks on and i could handle the public life again. It does take a bit of time to reach your therapeutic level but when it does the appetite for life can be too much lol

All the best and good health : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.