Sertraline at 5 weeks. Is it beginning to work?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Taking for severe anxiety. 1 week at 25mg and 4 weeks at 50mg and I seem to be seing some subtle changes. Slightly less anxiety during the afternoons and evenings, a little time not thinking about anxiety and slightly less physical pain symptoms. I'm hoping it is the tablets beginning to work. Anyone else see small improvements to begin with?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yep! its a slowish process at first but when its starts it snowballs quite quickly. Hows your Sleep? Once you get your sleep back it should speed up more so. It did with me, much needed proper sleep.
    • Posted

Sleep is okay, probably due to the Mirtazapine I take with the sertraline. I've been in a bad way for 10 months now so I am really hoping this is the start of returning to normal. I hope you are right about it snowballing. That would be great. Fingers crossed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.