Pulmonary embolism and total knee replacement Coumadin increased pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

History: Right total knee 5/17/17. Left total knee 8/23/17. bilateral pulmonary embolisms 9/23/17.

I'm taking coumadin daily which thankfully has not been a problem but my pain and discomfort levels, knee related have increased. Has anyone else been in my shoes? Is there a connection? Coumadin was my choice not doctors, had PE ten years ago treated with coumadin with no problems.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have been on Coumadin for 3 yrs and my knee pain hasn't got any worse thank goodness My back pain no  much worse but it could be old age with me turned 75 in May 

• Posted

thanks for your response I was hoping I could blame the pain blame on the coumadin so now I will talk with the surgeon 
  • Posted

Hi Kathy,something similar to you,left knee total replacement July 2016,right knee replacement Nov 2016.At the beginning June 2017,had bilateral PE(unrelated),have been in Rivaroxaban since then,pain and stiffness in both knees increased plus a horrible backache.Came off the blood thinner nearly 2 weeks ago,knees and back greatly improving,much to my relief.Hope that helps,and good luck.

Regards Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.