Post gallbladder symptoms return

Posted , 4 users are following.

anyone have the ache between the shoulder blades after eating, with some days nausea and others diarrhoea after cholecystectomy a couple of years before

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes that is normal ,Change your diet no fat no griese no fast food eat small meals and not sweet and you should be fine I've been dealing with this for 15 years and sometimes I don't get an attack for a year but when I eat bad and I start gaining weight as when I get sick a lot

• Posted

My husband been getting nausea and only six months past his operation not all the time just sometimes 
  • Posted

I’m 3 months post-op and still get the stomach spasms, sometimes back pain on the identical part where the stomach pains are and also nausea almost every day as well. I found I can’t eat fatty foods now so really limit my fat intake. Also eating little and often seems to help as can’t manage a large meal now (couldn’t even manage a kids happy meal the other week - was a one off lol) xx
  • Posted

I have cut out all fat. No dairy. No gluten.  I have plain boiled chicken with rice for dinner and plain rice cereal at lunch.  Still these attacks of nausea and intermittent ibs come.  I have buccastem for nausea and mebeverine for bowel.  I dont know what else i can so to stop this awful stomach problem.  Its actually getting worse as time goes on.  I sometimes wonder if its some other stomach problem i have.

i now have anxiety and a bit if depression with all this and thats isnt helping.

can anyone suggest what to do to take the pain away when it occurs in back.  Would a heat pad work.

is it worth trying fybogel sachets? I feel so sick i dont know if i can drink one.

• Posted

Sometimes it takes a long time for your body to resolve itself IBS is common when they take out the gallbladder if I eat something very heavy I'll go to the bathroom in about 2 minutes If the pain continues you should request in a gasket be to see what's going on in the stomach maybe you haven't also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.