Sharp pains in legs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do any of you ever get sharp pains in the back of your legs. ex. Behind the knee, in the calves? It makes me nervous that it's a blood clot, but i was just in the hospitable on Sunday night and they tested for blot clots and there were no signs of any. It doesn't last long. Sometimes just a zap and sometimes just a few minutes. I hate this!!! 😩😩

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yep! Sure do! And I have the same fear when I first started happening. I did a bunch of research and realized that the pains that I were feeling we’re in no way the same as the symptoms of an actual blood clot. I still get them, sometimes in my hip, I get them often in my neck, and obviously in my head too. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I'm sure it's hormonal and probably a lack of potassium or some sort of vitamin lol. Still so worrisome. 

• Posted

If you had something bad I think the pain would be continious.  Sometimes people get bursa's.  Google it... minor but it hurts.  But that pain is like soreness.  Leg cramps?  Or just a sciatica nerve pain?

I have muscle soreness and stiffness.  I am on my feet a lot but its like the muscles around my hips are extremely tight.  I do a lot of stretching to get them loosened up.  I probably should go to the chiropractor.

• Posted

No it's not sciatica. I've had that before too lol. I started my period full blown this morning and i have always gotten period cramps in my thighs. But these pains/zaps are in my lower legs and behind my knee. Mostly left side. (Which oddly enough, i feel like most of my symptoms happen, or at least start on the left side of my body) You're right, i think if they are blood clots they would be constant and probably not in multiple areas. Just another symptom to add to the list. And I've been keeping track of all of my symptoms in my period tracker so i can look back next month to compare. 

• Posted

Hi Kelly, Right now im having this burning pain in the back of my thigh all the way down my feet for two days now. And i have bad pain in my right calve , but when i feel it i take my calcium and it go away,
    • Posted

Oh wow! Calcium....for some reason i never thought of that. I'm sure I'm lacking tons of different vitamins and minerals. Thanks so much! I hope your leg feels better xxx

• Posted

Hi kelly38, sorry to answer late. You have luck to go to hospital  to see what is wrong. Im same pain and very sharp, its in my lower back, legs and in the back of my knees, inclusive in my intestine or utrus means in a bottom of my body inclusive en my lower back. But its does not pass for my mind blood clot. How old are you? Dont worry if the hospital told you nothing wrong. Sometime is our my create to much  sicosomaticod symptoms. You will be ok, try to do relaxing exersice. God Bless You. 
    • Posted

Hi Julie! 

I'll be 38 next month. Today and last night my leg muscles ache so bad. I thought i was going to have a Charlie horse is my calf last night. This anxiety and tons of emotions is way too much to handle. God bless you too and i hope you feel better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.