What will happen if the gastrafen medicine for ct does not move my bowels?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi does anyone know if they will still do the virtual ct tomorrow as the medicine they gave me to clear me out hasn't worked? Would appreciate a quick reply before tomorrow if poss! Many thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I always have the same problem and like you used to worry. But every time it worked first thing in the morning! This usually made my journey to the hospital an uncomfortable one. I told them it had only just worked but they were not worried as long as I had been. 
    • Posted

But was yr bowel cleaned out then? I've been constipated for a week now . what do you think they will do? Many thanks.

• Posted

I suppose it depends on whether it has taken any effect today. Hopefully it has worked a bit and they will carry out the procedure for you. They will make the decision when you get there. Fingers crossed for movement 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.