another post biopsy question

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi Ladies

for those who have had a uterine biopsy - how long did you bleed for?  I called the doctor last week after 3 days and the receptionist very abruptly told me yeah, yeah, normal, could take a week.

Well will have been a week tomorrow and it's still going strong.  I don't have a fever or significant cramps but I do have the belly discomfort that I have had for a while now and a little bit of lower back pain & ovary twinges like I used to get when I had my period.  

This feels kind of like a never ending period and it's freaking me out because, well, that's how I roll these days - constant anxiety.   Hoping someone here has had this and can reassure me it's not dire.  I see the doctor for the biopsy follow up in a week and a half.

maybe a dumb question but has anyone's doctor every told them *why* this bleeding after a biopsy happens and is considered ok?

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi tracey

Is not to panic you, you have to talk with Dr. , for me is not normal. I have 3 biopsy and I bleed first day only very small and with a little pain, after that have only a little pain. Check your body temperature and try to talk with at least a nurse, the receptionist always all time are nasty they are sensless. But dont wait to much to talk with Dr. for me it is not normal. The blood is dark? Is odoorless?

Pray for you, but you will be okay, Im sure. 

• Posted

thanks Julie.  Not dark - looks like a period.  Bright red, no foul odor.  No fever.
  • Posted

Tracie I had two successfully  done and 1 attempt biopsy's last year. on the successful ones I bleed heavy for like 2 days but blood didn't completely stop til about 5  to 7 days. But only the two days with heavy BUT not like a heavy period. If you are still bleeding heavy after two days I would go to ER and tell them you had that precedure done and wanted that bleeding checked. When she had me cough I felt that puncture go through my uterus and she went in 4 times! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.