Kidney pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Monday i went to the Dr for a bladder infection that has moved into my kidney on left side. He put my on cipro . Ive taken my meds as directed and water water water. But the pain has gotten worse. It has spread down into my abdomen groin and leg. Hurts to walk, cough,just moving in general. I feel like by now i should be feeling better. Im beginning to think it a kidney stone..any thoughts on this..im bloated as well. Should i go back to Dr or just keep doing as told until meds are gone. Its sunday now so ive had half my meds already.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Deedra,

I'd definitely go back to the doctor or at least call the doctor's office to talk with them about the worsening of your symptoms. It could be a kidney infection which requires additional treatment or a kidney stone, as you've said, or something else entirely. Regardless, your symptoms are deteriorating. That calls for a follow-up visit with your doctor.

Marj

• Posted

I went back to the Dr. On Sunday. Of course different Dr because its a weekend. I told her what was going on and maybe i had a kidney stone because i was still hurting. I could barley walk Saturday. Still showing infection bad in urine so she changed it to Bactruim. (Which has always worked for me)and tordol for for inflammation. A shot and 3 days worth. It Wednesday now, tordol gone. They definatley helped some because pain is back. And she also said if there was no blood in urine it couldnt be a kidney stone. Ive read u can.. Smh..Im going to give it a few more days if no change im going to the Er
    • Posted

Good, I'm glad you're staying on top of this situation. I know it's stressful to have to go through lots of testing and medications, but it will hopefully lead to a diagnosis and a clear treatment path for you.

Marj

• Posted

Hi, Cipro has very strong side effects I was on this 6 weeks ago for bad kidney infection. The pain went after medication but you get aches all over every joint was stiff I was like a walking robot. But if your not happy go back to doctor. Take care
  • Posted

Definitely tell your doctor so they can do further investigation. Antibiotics should have cleaned up your urinary tract infection by now. Maybe you do have a kidney stone it sure sounds like it. Hope you feel better. ..
  • Posted

The kidneys are organs that are located in the upper abdominal area against the back muscles on both the left and right side of the body.

Kidney pain and back pain can be difficult to distinguish, but kidney pain is usually deeper and higher in the and back located under the ribs while the muscle pain with common back injury tends to be lower in the back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.