Does anyone get really bad pains in chest left . Right and middle and same on back threw anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm getting pains in my left side of chest in the middle and right hand side stabbing pains every now and again also in my back near shoulder blades and in centre is this down to anxiety as I do suffer badly with anxiety

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Daniel

Sorry to hear your going through this. I myself suffer from these symptoms from time to time. It can get pretty scary! Best thing to do to ease your mind is pay a trip to your doctor.

All the best!

• Posted

They say it's muscle tension they have gave me codein tablets high dose

• Posted

Hi I get pain like that. I know it’s through Anxiety. Without known my muscles are tense most of the time through feeling anxious this causes pain. I also get lower back pain with terrible spasms.  Anxiety brings a whole host of pain. I even get a sore throat which may last only few mins but I know that’s down to being anxious.  I would see your GP to rule out other things just to be on safe side. 
  • Posted

Hey Daniel,

I get the same type of pain, it might seem small but have a look at your posture. If you are hunching and your chest is always con cave it makes your breathing shallower which stop muscles from getting proper oxygen. Just adjust your posture and keep your lungs nice and open. Anxiety makes us hyper sensitive so the smallest changes can make a massive difference in feeling better, just like the smallest things can you make you feel like garbage. Hope this helps...it honestly helped me a great deal.

• Posted

Hi Daniel,

I get pains in my chest both sides and in the middle,  sometimes feel like my chest is being crushed and breathing restricted,  also pain in left shoulder and neck sometimes throbs & aches other times can be sharp stabbing pains.

This has been going on for the past 5 years and  then 2 years ago started to get terrible pains in abdomen,  been to so many doctors and had so many tests which all come back clear. Then over Christmas made another appointment at doctors and saw a locam not my regular doctor who has diagnosed health anxiety and depression so prescribed Sertraline, been taking for 2 weeks but yet to feel any different.

In addition I have been seeing a physio who has told me that all these pains in my chest/shoulder/neck are down to poor posture and to be honest I think he may be right.  Although I do feel worse the day after I do have a couple of better days between appointments.

So  I would agree with Andrew could be posture related.

Hope u find some relief soon as chronic pain really takes over your life..

All the best Daniel and don’t give up hope, u will get better.,

• Posted

Hey dainel my names clayton and I believe that is anxiety pains. I get all of those pains a lot and even stomach and abdomen pain. And the stabbing pain sucks and sometimes get like a sharp pain that goes in my arms or back and fingers burn sometimes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.