5 days after Gallbladder surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’m constipated, feel blah.  Today my incision sites hurt more then ever.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Cindy.

hi yes that’s normal !!

i never went for over two weeks ,the pain will start to calm down over the coming days at incision sites.

but ime 4 months out and still having lots of trouble going lol

wish you speedy recovery.

drink lots and lots of water and enjoy your chicken soup.

• Posted

Remember it well! I found a hot water bottle on my stomach helped with the pain. You’re probably constipated from the painkillers and post-anaesthesia as well. Did you get any stool softeners like lactulose from the hospital? Make sure you’re drinking plenty to help with this as well! I actually held a pillow over my stomach the first time as was quite sore 👎🏼. Hope you’re feeling better soon xx

• Posted

Scottie

how are things with you now ?

last I read you had just returned back to work and was getting very tired fast.

have things improved ?

how is your pain now etc ?

• Posted

you must take it easy, no lifting awkward movements,    all best, oh and constipation think a lot of us get that now, ha.
  • Posted

My husbands incision hurt up few months until the body got used to it. If you feel concerned see your health care doctor .
  • Posted

This sounds normal, I didn't have my first BM til about 6 days out. I lived off apple juice, apple sauce and crackers here and there.

Everything will get better soon!!

• Posted

tomorrow will make a week had gb removed. my stomach is swollen and cant poop and hurts when i laugh or cough. really worried about my stomach.
  • Posted

The pain meds will make you constipated. You want pain relief but then you need to poop too! lol

Its one week today since my surgery. I still have the same symptoms I had before the surgery. But my surgeon said that's normal and some people take longer to heal than others.

I don't have an appetite, but I know I need to eat. When I try to eat...I feel like I'm going to throw it all back up. Its a never ending cycle.

Hang in there.... it HAS to get better.  My mantra for the past month and half.

It HAS to get better....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.