2 pe in lung

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was just diagnosed last week . I'm 47 female . A few days after being In the hospital developed hospital acquired pnemonia and fluid around my lu g with the pe . Was in hospital for 6 days now on zarelto. This is all new to me and scared since they have no idea what caused the clots . Also found 4mm nodule on same lung .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had a PE 3 yrs ago same thing I got pneumonia and found a small nodule on my lung I am on Warfarin  and have my lung ct  scan every 6 mths it hasn't grown at all so I am not worried about it I hope your dr does the same for you to put your mind at rest 

Keep staying positive  and keep well 

cheers Rona 

• Posted

Hiya Tammie.. yeah I had multi PE two years ago, and it struck me out of the blue, I was at the gym 6 days aweek, untill my breathing put a stop to that, I’m now on apixaban for life, as they don’t know where or how it started... two years down the Line ( I’m 53 now ) and my breathing as not improved, I can’t even walk up the staires without getting out of breath 😩... 

So they having to do more checks to y my breathing as not improved after this time, I do feel for you as I know how it makes you feel havin PE, but your in early days so still fresh in your mind, I do hope that soon you will be ok and can start to live again, it is always there in the back of your mind, but we have no chiose but to carry on, as nothing we can do now to change what’s happend.. keep talking on here and please do let us know how you are going big hug 🤗x

• Posted

Bilateral p.e s appeared suddenly.  Didnt know what was happening to me, was sombreathless.  Trip to a and e diagnosed quickly and onto thinners.  I was at gym a few weeks becorehand and doing everything.  Now on warfarin for life as no known cause.

takes a while to adjust but meant to get back to normal dr said.  I am just wary of things now, cant walk up inclines and they have put me on anti deps.  

Nobody reallly understands the burden of this, just have to beware viruses as theynhit harder now.

you are a bit younger than me and can make a dull recovery and start exercising in time. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,

?I'm far from an expert, Like you it's new to me as I was only recently, well 8 months ago now was diagnose with pulmonary embolism, blood clots everywhere in both lungs, mine started off in left calf muscle, thought it was only a pulled / strained muscle, no improvement in 2 weeks, trip to emergency for my angina, triage nurse picked up my hot swollen leg, test done immediately , came back positive on the D dimer blood test and they could see all the clots via the contrast CT Scan.

?Now I'm male and they have no real cause for mine other than the usual, smoking or I'm prone to them hereditary. Has a doctor explained to you how this may of occurred to you ? I was given a list by the treating doctor and naturally there were a couple that didn't apply to me, has it been discussed with you about the contraception pill or if you are menopausal and taking oestrogen, etc etc 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.