Small Shadow in lower vision still present after laser tear retina surgery.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Before the  laser tear retina  treatment there was a small shadow in my lower sight. But 1 day after the treatment it is still here. I forgot to tell the doctor I had it. But he told me if a curtain comes into my field of vision I should call the emergency room. I was just wondering if it is common to still have the shadow after the tear laser treatment? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, that can happen. My shadow lasted for several weeks, then eventually went away.
  • Posted

Hi Brandonbs22 : yes that could happen even after cataract if its done by laser my sister went to the doctor for her cataract and he told her that she will have small shadow but later it might get larger. So we did not do it by laser he did surgery for her. But now she has fluid build up at the back of her eye and she start getting injection to get rid off her fluid its been more than a year and it still are there they could not be able to get rid of fluid yet . I  was wondering if any one has the same problem I will appreciated if I get some advice on it. I wish you luck with it and try to get second opinion on it.
  • Posted

Also wanted to mention, my shadow (like yours) was after a retina tear was repaired. I asked the doc about it, he just said the same as your doc, watch for a curtain. The shadow did eventually go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.