Two weeks after myomectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I will be two weeks post op on Monday. I just took my first short outing by myself to the grocery store.  Felt like I was 90 wandering around in the store not quite sure what I was doing. Just got home, nauseous, and had to lay down. I sure do hope this gets better soon. On the bright side, I haven’t felt the back pain I’ve had for 2 years that was caused by Thelma, my 13cm fibroid. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am 3 weeks post myomectomy. Yes, my 14 cm fibroid, Learch, is out. And, I am STILL exhausted too. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your message. I have had much more pain today than in the past few. I’m thinking it’s because I’m trying to do more things. The exhaustion is just amazing to me. I expected to be tired, but not this level. I guess the 4-6 weeks timeframe is accurate. 
  • Posted

I am sorry to learn that it is happening to you too. I wish that I had a better answer for you. 

It seems that the blood that our fibroids contained were lost and might be the cause of all this. sad

Are you taking iron? I thought of it for a bit but I am not...it already hurts my tummy how much gas I have!

I wish you better. 

• Posted

How are your incisions sites? I actually tried a rehabilitation pilates class. It did seem to help at the time. It was a mistake. Lol. Are you taking anything else?
    • Posted

I’m just using aleve and Tylenol for pain and then have miralax for a stool softener.  I was wondering about yoga, but after today think that’s still several weeks in my future.  I had an open myomectomy with about a five inch incision.  It has a small hematoma that developed after I got home last week. Doctor isn’t concerned.  The incision wa glued so no staples. 
    • Posted

Well, I have four incisions one in my bellybutton; and three more. Each one is about 5 mm big. They did leper scopic. I have had no problems so far with my incisions so I feel lucky. The class I did do was a rehabilitative plot is class and it was pretty easy to do, but afterwards I cannot I cannot tell you how tired I was. It’s amazing how much this takes out of you. I don’t think I can go back to work for a long time. And I’m bored out of my mind. I do recommend moving through it as much as you can as this helps the scar tissue smooth out as well. If you do yoga you should know your body, and connect to your muscles that have been impacted. Don’t go through your limits but just remind them. Sending you lots of love and healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.