Soreness and visually red.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am currently peri menopausal and have been seeing a consultant for vagina atrophy. I have been using Ovestin cream internally for 2 years. This has helped my urine frequency and now I only have issues with the external and vagina opening. The ovestin really stings these bits especially where it is red raw. Does anyone else have visible red areas on these parts and if so what do you use ? It seems to get worse some days more than others. My periods are quite erratic and its been 2 months since my last one and I am feeling quite low. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayneeliz, i have had burning for 2.5 years and redness to vagina opening many swabs and inspections and all fine and every dr who have seen my bits have said all healthy. I have various steroid creams (not good) and am currently under Gynae. My burning pain gets worse as the day goes on and it is not all the time . when i have a period i have no burning pain the week before my period it is worse. I also have erratic periods just finished after being 2 weeks late, then i get them every 3 weeks then normal again. I pour water after i pass urine as i do not know if my own urine is causing this redness or if it is my own vaginal secreations? 
    • Posted

I am going through the exact same, it is as if I wrote this only it’s been 6 months now.  I actually look forward to my period now because I am without pain during that time  although right before seems to be worse.  I to have redness but it seems to be from my secretion although I’m not positive. I have tried Premarin with no change and am now on an estrogen pill (2 weeks) which my gyno says can take 3 months.  Mine also tends to get worse as the day goes I guess from sitting at a desk all day.  One things for sure this is misery. 
    • Posted

Hi e, like i said i have been like this for 2 and a half years, i was put on Amitriptyline as  a dermatologist i saw said it could be Vulvodynia and my nerve endings were too sensitive. The Amitriptyline helped a little but, i came off of this as too many side effects. I do not go back to my Gynae for another 2 months and have to keep a chart of when the symptoms are present. I am sure my PH and hormones is the cause of this. It is awful at times and i like you look forward to my period for relief. x
    • Posted

I have the same problem with no help in sight I have tried so many products but 

to no avail back to the coconut oil 

I guess. It is so frustrating to suffer like this

• Posted

I've been using the Estriol 0.01 cream externally for 4 days with some improvements. The Ovestin cream 1mg which I use internally is apparently 10 times stronger than the Estriol 0.01 cream so not so strong and so much less stinging when first applied. The redness has really gone down. I had this cream in my drawer which I did use at the start of my treatment but I was suffering with urethra pain and urgency originally so my consultant put me on Ovestin. It has helped this very much so for now will continue. The Estriol 0.01 cream is available on prescription. Fingers crossed it helps long term. Hope it may help you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.