stiffness that comings and goes???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys..I'm coming up in July on 2 year mark.of having total left knee replacement.. The good news: I bike 10-15 miles every other day...I'm a floor nurse and do 12-14 hours shift with no problems..However.. after standing in one position for too long the leg gets stiff..if I stretch the knee I'm good to go..Getting up from a chair after sitting I have stiffness and it takes a couple of steps to start moving again..I can bend to 110 degrees only but I believe this is more than before surgery..Knee was replaced r/t a lot of trauma as well as arthritis. My knee feels normal only after coming off my bike..if this makes any sense..The stiffness is annoying...I spoke with my doctor and he believe the on and off stiffness is fluid that comes and goes..Why..He does not know..Has anyone ever heard of this,,  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have the same thing. My knee was replaced last Feb 21st. When I sit to long it gets very stiff. As soon as I get up and move it loosens up. Weird. I feel better knowing a person that bikes that far has the same thing. 👍

• Posted

As far as I understand this is normal and some have stiffness I guess it is fue to a bit of swelling . May just need to accept it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.