Anxiety!!!!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Back in October I ended up going to the ER because I had constant panick atttacks in public headaches and dizziness. The type were u feel like ur not in ur body and can’t focus on everything.  Just one thing at a time. So they did test and everything and things came out okay. He said I was dehydrated and it was stressed and I needed to take it  easy. It went away but no my anxiety has been bad and I’m getting the same symptoms again Nd I’m scared I keep telling myself it’s my anxiety but it’s hard to do and I’m just scared. My anxiety controls everything 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hey Wendy!

I hope you're feeling alright, i really want you to know what you're feeling is ok and it is your anxiety. This is my first time on this page so I hope my advice isn't bad, but I'd definitely recommend you go see your GP about perhaps starting some anti anxiety medication? I'm not sure if that's something that interests you at all but I heard it really helps!! 😊 if that doesn't seem to help or it's not something that you'd be interested in perhaps you could try going to therapy and talking it out with a therapist who can tell you exactly how to manage what you're feeling and give you a full understanding of why it's happening. It's totally normal to be scared and worried about why it's happening and it's normal if you question yourself too! Thinking things like "is this really happening?" Or "am I just making this up or being dramatic" it's soooo normal! It's all part of anxiety (as far as I know) I'm really new to this too but I've learned alot through research so maybe that will help too? There's also really great headspace apps for calming yourself down if you don't feel that you'd like to talk to a therapist. Of course I'm not a doctor so I don't know anything for sure, it's just some advice that I've picked up along the way of trying to help with my own anxiety. Keep strong you can do this!!! Wish you all the best. -Alysha

• Posted

Hi Alysha,

I agree with most of what you've said but I would not recommend just going on medication straight away through a gp. I recommend starting with therapy and see what you can do through learning about your anxiety and seeing if you can control it. If ou still can't control it I would then say talk to your counsellor/therapist about taking medication. 

• Posted

Hi it’s just scary because I convince myself it’s something else and that I’m probably dying. I been thinking on taking medication for my anxiety and see if it helps 
    • Posted

Yeah definitely! I'd always try and talk it out with someone first, sorry I should have put that first, I was just thinking of different ways 😊 x

• Posted

It always good to give yourself the chance to fix yourself first. If you're unable there is no shame in medication. Everything you said was spot on 😊

• Posted

hi wendy, I have struggled with anxiety my whole life. when it got so bad that i had to go to the ER thats when i knew i needed therapy and meds. its not for everyone but i knew i needed them. follow your insticts. meds are great but they have a rough beginning. so just prepare for side effects. they can last from a couple weeks to a few months.. but worth it. im struggling with my anxiety tonight actually. Its usually manageable these days with my meds but i just got my period. and after 3 months of medical leave i go back to work monday and im terriified. so i guess im super anxious. 
    • Posted

I heard people saying the same things it’s hard at first may I ask why ? It’s just a scary feeling 
    • Posted

meds even tho we dont want to admit it actually work. but they are strong. and they have to rewire your brain., theres lots going on. so it almost has the opposite affect before it starts working. i was terrified to take them but i was so miserable i thought anything would be better than what im going through so i suffered through the side effects. some people dont even get side effects! or only get a couple. i got everything. but again its worth it
  • Posted

I have had bad anxiety for 2 years now. One of the first symptoms that scared me was that foggy feeling and feeling like i wasnt in my body. The weirst scariest feeling! Its called derealization. Look it up! Once i read what it was it was such a relief and it calmed my anxiety a littke and it went away!! These are all classic symptoms of anxiety! 
    • Posted

This is the most scary thing sad  I know what it is I tell myself this but it just doesn’t go away 
    • Posted

I get the same feeeling too. I hate it because it feels like I’m just watching everyone around me and I’m not there . Idk if this happens to you but for me if I feel like that and I’m just sitting in a public place it gets so bad. I always need to walk around if I’m in public if I start feeling that way  makes sense ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.