Large growth in uterus.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was told today after an ultrasound that I have a large growth on my uterus. 14cm. My family doctor Said he isnt sure if its a fibroid, tumor or something else and has referred me to a gyneological surgeon.

I have had such bad pain, but no bleeding. In fact one of my main complaints to my doc is the absence of periods, for years.

Im not sure I have a question here, just kind of in shock. And every thing I google says bleeding is a symptom. So I dunno what is growing inside of me but I am worried.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole, I understand where you are coming from, it's a terrible feeling not knowing. But please, try not to worry for know, wait till you have your results. When is your appointment? I think bleeding is not always a symptom of fibroids, after reading many forum discussion, many ladies complained about pain, pressure, urinary frequency but their bleeding was normal, even regular. So please stay positive, you will do plenty worrying when you have your results. I was diagnosed with 9cm submucosal fibroid and bleeding was my main symptom but also pelvic pressure, lower back pain, urinary frequency, bloating.... I wish you best of luck ?? Stay positive ??🤗

• Posted

Hi Nicole, I understand it can be a worrying time.  If it helps, my first fibroid was diagnosed as an 'abdominal mass' which freaked me out.  When I had the ultrasound they identified it as a large fibroid.  I had no bleeding, pressure, pain and my periods were normal.  In fact the only reason I saw my GP was my stomach had become larger and when I lay on my back, it took on a weird shape. 

Try not to worry - I hope you don't have to wait too long for the ultrasound.

xx

• Posted

I just had a biopsy on a growth in my uterus today and have to wait a week for results.  I did have a very small amount of spotting which prompted a visit to the gynecologists.  Your doctor would probably need to do a biopsy to determine what your uterine mass may be. An ultrasound at in my case, only showed something there and the size but is not conclusive.
  • Posted

Some people don't have symptoms. I had every symptom 😓😩. So don't worry yourself to much. Just pray that everything would be okay🙏🏾. Try to be optimistic🙄. That's all i did weeks before my surgery pray and be optimistic. Even though it's hard not to worry but alot of people are living with fibriods and are not experiencing any symptoms . Maybe you're one of the lucky ones?🙌🏾🙏🏾. Good luck🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.