Delaying hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

The uterus can catch you out and keep growing whilst you still feel well.

i was following a healthy lifestyle, eating, drinking, walking for good health. I had failed to label myself as a “sick” person despite the large fibroids and underpinning hormone imbalance. I just kept on living.

By the time I was operated high blood pressure had caused damage to so many irremovable systems in the body. I still had the hysterectomy but was left with damaged systems. The uterus/fibroids can be removed.

cause damage to the systems in your body and you’re left with it.

please consider this when making your decisions. Don’t make my mistakes.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to read this, so you are saying don't delay hysterectomy. Can I ask what damage leaving it caused & how long did you leave it. I've left my 13cm fibroid over 10 years now as I wanted another child, but feel unwell in a number of different areas.

• Posted

I was feeling good so just continued walking and living. Maybe a little in self denial. The multiple fibroids were discovered at about 6 month size and removed about 9 month size 3 1/2 years later by which time the  blood wasn’t returning from my legs properly and has left me with varicose veins that only appeared in the last week. I wasn’t seeing the doctor but obviously should have. 

i have lost hemeostasis of the body and edema has started.

my eyes have suffered and I’m not the person I was.

• Posted

I’ve had my children so there was no reason for me to delay other than the belief the body would be better without being cut.
    • Posted

Sorry to read this. So you don't think its the hysterectomy that has made you feel this way?

• Posted

Kindly explain further . I don't understand your mail

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.