Osteoarthritis natural remedy recommendations required please

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi. Has anyone used any healthcare supplements that have helped with Osteoarthritis pain relief?  I would much appreciate any replies. 

Regards 

Martin 

0 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again,

I was reading about a woman with ME who hasn't moved from her bed in 15 years and keeps bananas and jelly by her side. I looked up jelly and apparently gelatine is a powerful anti-inflammatory good for RA. I suppose it would be good for OA also. As well as that, it is rich in protein and gives your immune system a boost. I will have to look into it further but I shall be buying a sugar free jelly when I go shopping, may as well try it I suppose. Perhaps others here know more about it.

Regards

• Posted

Apparently gelatin is in many foods, confectionary and medications that we consume on a daily basis. I had no idea it is in soups, peanuts, marhsmallows, snicker bars, M&M's and many medication capsules to name just a few. It is even in some breads......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.