Dark spots

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am 20 years old and I have noticed dark spots sometimes when I am looking around. Also I expierence some blue/light sparkles... does anyone else get these?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used to have blue flashes of light and the doctor said it was pre-migraine. I never got the headaches. 
    • Posted

Thank you! How often would you get the blue lights? I get them on and off. 
  • Posted

Yes it scared me at first. I would get them on and off too. Never could find a cause. The doctor was unconcerned but if it keeps bothering you see your eye doctor. 
  • Posted

You may have eye floaters which cause dark spots that appear to float in front of your eye but are actually debris floating at the back of your eye,they are just reflections at the back of the retina,flashing light can be associated with them.You really need to go to see your doctor who would refer you to the correct person to check them out properly for you to find out the reason why you are seeing them or even if other poster correct some form of migraine.Dont leave it your eyes are too precious to take any chances. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.