Feeling Insecure / Obsessive Thinking

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am just wondering if any other women are having feelings of insecurity, such as fear of aging and focusing on all of the negative things that are happening to their bodies at this stage of life.

I get so tired of my obsessiveness, and I don't know why my brain does this. It is so frustrating! I keep trying to counteract it with positive thoughts.

My brain seems to settle on one fear or some insecurity about my physical appearance. Then, it just keeps going over and over it, again and again.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I have that as well keep apologising to my husband for putting weight on through premenopause and have the feeling of being insecure and paranoid every other day.
  • Posted

Yes Bev, I think this is very common.  I get stuck on it seeing women with sagging skin, almost nonexistent hair, etc.  It's very difficult to see our bodies change.  We've spent our whole lives looking at one face and body, and then one day you look in the mirror and hardly recognize that old women.  

Wish I knew how to help you work through this.  I have it too. 

• Posted

Hi Bev 

I feel the same Mrs doom and gloom my hubby calls me . I never use to be like this but all I do is focus on my aches and pains and am I ill what’s going to happen to me next , I fear death and all sorts , is so draining and makes me down , hate who I am right now . Today I can’t stop focusing on my heart I feel there is something wrong . I get this every other week if I feel a palpitation or it’s racing , doc says it’s fine but I still feel it ... hope I haven’t made you more anxious with my worries 

💕

• Posted

❤️ I was the same with my heart..been post meno nine yrs..had an early one at42....started getting anxiety attacks and ectopic beats..drs sent me for blood tests echocardiogram all was well...I think we develop health anxieties as we get older were more vulnerable and meno enhances this most defiantly 
  • Posted

Certainly in the same rocking boat! And not happy with the way it is!!!!
  • Posted

I was feeling exactly the same a year ago. My worst fear was about premature aging, illness, death and such things. I started not to think so much about it and to see the positive aspect of the life I have and I am grateful for. 

I am on hrt and I think that it counteracts the aging process and helps with the symptoms. Menopause was a nightmare for me at first but it becomes a chance to improve and appreciate my life! smile

• Posted

Good for you Vicky.  Do you mind mentioning what you are taking?  I'd sure be interested.

• Posted

Hi gailannie, I am on estradiol and dydrogesterone and I feel like my old self again. No wrinkles, no sagging, no symptoms, I only notice some muscle loss and I’ll try to change it with harder tranning and taking protein.  My gyn said that without hrt my skin will age almost immediately and I will have osteoporosis after 10 years. I’m 42 and I ll stay on hormones at least until 50 or maybe for life if my gyn will agree with it. 
    • Posted

Thanks for that information.  You must not be in the US, as my preliminary search says that dydrogesterone is no longer available here.  So glad you found something that feels right to you. Sorry you are dealing with things at 42.  Are you perimenopausal?   
    • Posted

Yeah, I am in Europe and it’s the first time at my life I’m grateful for a drug. In Europe dydrogesterone is available as the progestin in Femoston and separately as Duphaston.

I was in despair a year ago when I diagnosed with an early menopause and fortunately I found a gyn who knows and cares. He putted me almost immediately on hormones. I am in peri and I cannot imagine to have to handle all these symptoms for more years without medical intervention. For me hrt is a lifesaver. 

• Posted

Oh geez, I know what you mean.  I have been focused on my wrinkles (okay, okay obsessed).  I have a worry line and am getting crows feet.  eek  I had always said I would never get botox, but now I am reconsidering.  I hate what this is doing to my skin!
  • Posted

Hi bev, yes I think up all sorts of crap in my head from illness old age and death very negative thinking and wonder why my brain doing this to me too,I go out and about and it's creeping in while I'm trying to think about other things..never use to be like this I'm hoping it will stop as time go on..when I wake up it's there..the joys of it all Lol 

• Posted

Yes, yes ,yes! These days I'm obsessed with aging. I'm into supplements and Creams and serums and crazy amounts of workouts! I'm always thinking of turning old and wrinkly and helpless in a wheelchair, Its freaking me out. I fell in love with a guy (kid almost!) who is 35 and do everything to seem 30! I hate the reading glasses and try to wear them as seldom as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.