Natural Liver Detox + Support?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I recently had an ultrasound that suspected either fatty liver or some other liver disease. I have not received my blood work and MRI results back yet (it's been 9 days!) I have had a lot of issues in the past that could be pointed toward my liver not functioning very well, but I also have a methylation issue with a homoxygous MTHFR C677T gene defect. There has been some research that links the two issues together. Either way. I was interested in some natural liver detoxes and supporting herbs/supplements that could be helpful in assisting my liver to do it's job more efficiently. Sort of a way to plan on supporting my body moving forward. 😊

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you can take milk thistle as a supplement. It helps restore the liver and also protect it.
  • Posted

Hi bearsoup, & a supplement called SAM-e (s-adenosylmethionine) has been shown helpful with methylation issues.  

Always best to run anything you are considering past your doc, but SAM-e has both a remarkable safety record, and substantial research behind it regarding liver health.  

Many recommend taking B-Complex vitamins when taking SAM-e to prevent possible homocysteine elevation. 

Hope this helps.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.