Trigeminal Neuralgia and SUNA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had Trigeminal Neuralgia for 10 Years and recently saw a different neurologist who suggested I could have SUNA. My recent brain scan clearly shows compression on the Trigeminal nerve and I've been offered the MVD operation. Has anyone had the same diagnosis change or the operation ? I'm really worried and confused .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Beverly38243, I’m come up on my two anniversary May 5 from successful MVD surgery. Feel free to call me to discuss the MVD surgery. 
  • Posted

MVD, when done by a very experienced surgeon, can be the best option. Make sure your surgeon has done this procedure several times and has a high success rate. Please know that with the right surgeon, this is actually the most successful solution for Trigeminal Neuralgia for long term. Almost everything else isn't permanent. Some with argue with me. And many will say they have fixed their issue and it hasn't returned. But the research has shown that MVD is the best long term solution for TN. Again, only if you have a very experienced surgeon with a high success rate. And read up on it. I'm not sure if they will let me post a link but here is a link about the procedure which might help. http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/pe-mvd.htm

Please keep us posted on how you are doing and what you end up deciding. And please know that we are all here for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.