Fluttery feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with gallstones after having to stay in hospital for a gallbladder infection.

Touch wood I’ve been fine since watching what I’m eating but occasionally get a fluttery feeling under my breast area (where my gallbladder was inflamed).

Does anyone else experience this and know what it is?

Thankyou 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi exactly the same thing happened to me I'm due to go into hospital for gallbladder removal soon after a long wait...yes hun that will be a gallstone your feeling

• Posted

Thankyou Julie, it’s a weird feeling, have you had any flare ups whilst waiting for your op? If so what caused it for you?

I’m eating a plain diet to try to avoid a flare up? 

I’m going for an mri on thurs so will hopefully know soon how many I have I suppose! 

• Posted

Hi yes a couple luv spicy food and oily foods started it that's ideal a MRI scan I had one and they found gallstones it's hurting as we speak..let me know how you get on I have to call the hospital tomorrow to book my self in for operations...I've felt unwell with it really

Tired all the time I'll be glad when it's over..good luck with scan hun

• Posted

Oh bless you, I hope you get your operation very soon. Are you in uk or us? 

In uk we have a waiting list.

Thanks I will let you know but don’t know if they will give me any results or if it will get sent to my GP.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest that the fluttering is normal 😊

• Posted

Oh bless you, I hope you get your operation very soon. Are you in uk or us? 

In uk we have a waiting list.

Thanks I will let you know but don’t know if they will give me any results or if it will get sent to my GP.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest that the fluttering is normal 😊

• Posted

Hi I have the ‘fluttery’ unpleasant sensation for a long time; even when I was diagnosed with gall stones because of very painful attacks I never thought to link the two together.  However I had my gall bladder removed 19 days ago and no fluttering since!  Good luck 👍🏻

• Posted

Hi happy to hear your doing well can I ask did you feel tired before the operation I feel tired and bloated all the time! I'm due to have it done soon hopefully it's dragging on now it's been 18 months I've been like this. Thanks in advance

• Posted

Sorry Julie, this was for you

Yes tired and whilst really bad attacks were infrequent I think I had gotten used to living with back pain, fluttery feeling, gnawing upper tummy pain that was pretty constant.  I started to feel really different 2 weeks after my op and realise now how I had just become used to the discomfort.  I have a friend who swears she felt much improved 2 hours after the op!  Really hope you get your date soon so they can sort it for you x

• Posted

Hi thank you for the reply hun..it's driving me mad now even now I have that feeling it's sore I'm at doctors tomorrow for more blood tests to see how my white blood cells are! I feel worn out most of the time and very bloated! I wish they would hurry up at the hospital. Its good to hear there's hope after this good to hear your feeling better x

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Yes tired and whilst really bad attacks were infrequent I think I had gotten used to living with back pain, fluttery feeling, gnawing upper tummy pain that was pretty constant.  I started to feel really different 2 weeks after my op and realise now how I had just become used to the discomfort.  I have a friend who swears she felt much improved 2 hours after the op!  Really hope you get your date soon so they can sort it for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.