Doctors haven’t helped and I’m starting to give up :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since febuary I have had a bad pain in my shoulder left side of my rib cage and all around that area also my stomach it’s all on the left side.  I have had scans and ultrasound done I have been on medication but nothing has helped they thought I had gallstones but the ultrasound came up clear. I’m now experiencing random shooting pains through my chest I have cut out gluten wheat and milk out of my diet I don’t consume caffeine. I do smoke (I know this is a issue) but my scan for my chest was clear I have seen someone about my breathing and apparently I’m healthy but I’m in so much pain every day and I feel like I’m going insane and I feel like nobody is taking me seriously. Please someone help maybe someone on here has had the same experience ? sad 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm having the same problems! It all started with nausea, now 8 months later I'm having pain under my left side rib cage, chest pains and also upper back pain. Recently today I'm having pain on the other side, in my ribs. I've had blood work, CT scan, ultrasound & X-ray and all has came back clear. I also have a lump under my left arm, which I'm thinking is a swollen lymph node and I am FREAKING out. I go to the doctor next Tuesday, and I'm gonna ask for an endoscopy or a barium swallow test. All I keep thinking is cancer and it's seriously stressing me out. Literally 24/7 I'm stressed. This chest & back pain, & left side rib pain is persistent, 24/7. I know how you feel! 

• Posted

You poor thing. I have checked to see if I have any lumps I haven’t found any luckily but under my breast just on my rib cage it’s really painful it’s all around my shoulder aswell and everyone around me thinks I’m  going over the top and basically being a drama queen when really I’m in agony I have been up all night with pains sad 
    • Posted

I am not sure what you might jave, but I have read that shooting pain under the breast is a sign of issues with the gallbladder in particular. Have the doctors give you a HYDA scan, which will help them determine if you have an inflamed gallbladder, or a rare disease that has the exact symptoms of a gallstone, minus the gallstone. It is a small organ that can cause so much grief, and although those issues tend to cause pain on the right side, some have had that pain in their central abdomen, between the shoulders, and left side.

I hope they find out what is wrong so you can feel better soon!

• Posted

Ask for an endoscopy to check for gastritis and ask for a HiDA

scan to check gallbladder function since you have shoulder blade pain.  Sometimes you can get breathing problems with gastritis.

• Posted

They said my gallbladder was working fine. I have breathing problems at the moment as I have a cold and I’m asthmatic but the asthma nurse said I was fine the other day before I got a cold. I keep going to the doctors but nobody will help or do anything sad I don’t wanna be in this pain forever 
    • Posted

Ask for an endoscopy to check for gastritis which can cause pain under your ribs.  Stress can also cause chest pain.

I  have had swollen lymph nodes on and off under my arm too which can be very painful and seen to appear during my monthly cycle and then go away.  The best thing to do is to keep going back to your doctor; you wlll be diagnosed in the end.  Tell your doctor about the swollen lymph nodes if they don’t clear up.  Remember, it is good news for you that the tests you have had have been negative.  This means they are ruling things out.  Don’t give up!

• Posted

The pain in the left side of rib happens due to many causes like rib injuries, spleen disease, lung disease, pancreatitis, heart problem or kidney stones. To relieve this kind of pain stop having sweets, fizzy drinks, fatty food like stuff and add vegetables, fruit, and products that contain a lot of fiber, Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D in your diet. Also, try ginger it has amazing antiviral and antibacterial qualities. 
    • Posted

I have I eat so much natural things because of all this. I have had tests for my kidneys etc and everything’s fine. I think it could possibly be maybe my nerves or some sort because I have cut out so much rubbish food out of my diet I’m going back to the doctors again see if they can help. Thankyou for your response 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.