V Tach (NSVT) Ablation 3 weeks ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Everyone!  I had a cardiac ablation for NSVT 3 weeks ago.  I felt terrific for the first 2 weeks with no symptoms at all.  Over the last 5 days I've had numerous "odd" beats with my heart.  It's hard to explain - they don't feel like the huge pounding beats that I was experiencing with NSVT but they also don't feel benign either. I did contact my surgeon's office and they put me on a 24 hour Holter monitor.  I'm now awaiting a response from their office.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?  I guess I'm looking for some reassurance.  The surgeon did say that he was able to get all of the areas affected and deemed the surgery a complete success.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I had my ablation two months ago, the dr told me that I still going to have extra beats until my heart will be normal and he told me to wait 6 months, because the heart takes time to healing.
  • Posted

Mine was said to be a complete, success, that was a year ago. My palpitations are increasing to the stage I sometimes get them every other beat, but I no longer go into Ventricular Tachycardia which is the dangerous thing our ablations were to prevent. So I am not worried personally.
  • Posted

Hi Niki. I dont know anything about how yoi should feel really but have heard it take time for the heart to heal. I have a question. How long did you have NSVT episodes before you got the ablation? I have had one episode , felt real dizzyvand faint. Nut they said it was only 10 secounds and I am on Metoprolol and it should prevent it. I am scared that I will have it while driving and pass out or worse. Very svary! Hope to hear from you. God bless!!
    • Posted

Sorry about the typos! Very tired tonight. My friend died after open heart surgury at 74.
    • Posted

Hello Mabel! I had symptoms for about 2 months before the ablation. I saw one doctor who put me on Cardizem. The second doctor recommended ablation immediately and took me off of the medications. I hope this helps. Take care.
    • Posted

Thank you for you answer. I have only had one episode 6 months ago, he just says keep taking the beta blocker. I wish he would consider ablation. I am frightened. May get a second opinion. Thank you. Hope you heal quickly. Take care, Mabel

• Posted

It never hurts to get a second opinion. I did and that doctor had me in surgery for an ablation the next day.
  • Posted

I'm experiencing the same thing. Had the ablation 2 wks ago felt fine but the last 3 days have been horrible with odd extra beats. Also just turned in the 24hr monitor and waiting. Have read that sometimes it takes awhile for the heart to heal. It's scary I know!

• Edited

Just got results from my holter monitor. Everything looked normal. I'm having extra beats 1.8% of the time but no NSVT. Hearing that makes me feel better but I'm hoping there will come a time where I don't feel like my heart is beating out of my chest.

• Posted

Hi everyone, as Ross said, we are not alone, we are in the same boat I appreciate to everyone the info, and we can compare what we feel, after the ablation, anything  new inform us, it helps a lot to everyone, Blessings
  • Posted

glad you are doing well. Good news from your Holter. I am just supposed to wait and see if I get NSVT more! 😱

• Posted

Saw cardio last week to schedule ablation and he told me a side effect can be increased amount of ectopics, but these are benign. So get rid of SVT and put up with ectopics it seems. 🙁

• Posted

Yes I agree, that seems to be what I was experiencing. Things are going better now....very grateful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.