Ablation day tomorrow

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well,it is ablation day tomorrow.   Hope this is the last one.

I just made a French Lemon Coffee cake for the nurses.....so I guess I am good to go...... 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck lolasmom!! Here’s to success and your last ablation 😊

• Posted

Hi Paullie,

I posted about it on a new discussion

• Posted

Sending lots of luck and praying that it's your last one. 🤞🙏

• Posted

Hi there shirl1228

• Posted

Thinking of you and hoping all goes well tomorrow.  x
    • Posted

Hi Mary

• Posted

Hi Lolasmom,  I couldn't find a link to your new discussion.  Hoping all went well for you though!  x

• Posted

Just wanted to let you know I am home........Day from hell

This procedure was way different.   They put the thing in my elbow crease for the intranvenous. That went good..  They had to do another thing in my right wrist so that they had access to blood and that monitors my internal blood pressure.   Hurt so bad.  She tried 3 different times and could not get it to work in my right wrist..  Then they tried to put a catheter for urine in.  They tried that 3 times and it could not work.

So off I went to the cath lab.  A different person tired the thing in my left wrist and it still did not work.   Blood pouring out everywhere.   They then tried the right wrist and finally got it in.   They had to try the catheter 2x and finally got it in.

Then they did the ports in my right groin and left collarbone.  The EP did that and all was good

Then the hook up that took forever.    I was so nervous by then.

He was able to get my heart going though.   He did some mapping with the 3D machine.

Then my blood pressure went to 250/110.... They gave me some blood pressure meds but it did not go down. So they gave me nitro.   That dropped my blood pressure to 80/40  I felt so weird and awful.  My EP kept coming out to see how I was doing. So they had to give me something to raise my pressure. It stayed really lose for a very long time.  Was low even when I was leaving the hospital.

When The Ep came out, I just said to him.  I am done. I can not do this any more. I was in tears and it was just to much.

He understood and  agreed with me.

I will be going for a holter monitor in 2 weeks, and a follow up with him in June.  He just said that we will chat about meds.

Worst day of my life.

• Posted

Oh my goodness - poor you!  and are you saying that, after going through all that, they still didn't carry out an ablation?

It sounds horrendous and I'm not surprised you have reached the limit and don't want to try again.  Will you take beta blockers instead?

I'm so sorry to hear about all your trauma. Take care and all the very best!  xx

• Posted

No ablation....and that was my 3rd time

I will be seeing the EP in June to discuss meds.  I was taking Bisoprolol for about 3 months back in 2016.  Just felt horrid.  When I took them and had to abruptly stop for my first ablation attempt, I have terrible withdrawals which led to taking benzos as I did not realize that that was withdrawals and thought it was anxiety.  That all put me in a very terrible situation to have to then wean off the benzos for a very long time to be able to have another attempted ablation.  Never again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.