Back from ablation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wanted to let you know I am home........Day from hell

This procedure was way different.   They put the thing in my elbow crease for the intranvenous. That went good..  They had to do another thing in my right wrist so that they had access to blood and that monitors my internal blood pressure.   Hurt so bad.  She tried 3 different times and could not get it to work in my right wrist..  Then they tried to put a catheter for urine in.  They tried that 3 times and it could not work.

So off I went to the cath lab.  A different person tired the thing in my left wrist and it still did not work.   Blood pouring out everywhere.   They then tried the right wrist and finally got it in.   They had to try the catheter 2x and finally got it in.

Then they did the ports in my right groin and left collarbone.  The EP did that and all was good

Then the hook up that took forever.    I was so nervous by then.

He was able to get my heart going though.   He did some mapping with the 3D machine.

Then my blood pressure went to 250/110.... They gave me some blood pressure meds but it did not go down. So they gave me nitro.   That dropped my blood pressure to 80/40  I felt so weird and awful.  My EP kept coming out to see how I was doing. So they had to give me something to raise my pressure. It stayed really lose for a very long time.  Was low even when I was leaving the hospital.

When The Ep came out, I just said to him.  I am done. I can not do this any more. I was in tears and it was just to much.

He understood and  agreed with me.

I will be going for a holter monitor in 2 weeks, and a follow up with him in June.  He just said that we will chat about meds.

Worst day of my life.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Awww I'm so sorry you went thru all of that. WOW!! feel better soon.

• Posted

Wow so sorry but be psitive. Does the doctor did the Ablation?  Is this your second time?
  • Posted

OMG the preparation sounded awful : (  And your blood pressure,  jeez so scary. I feel so bad u went through all that.  Does the ‘mapping’ mean he was able to find the pathways?  I hope u get a good night sleep, u sure deserve it. 
    • Posted

Good morning.

This was my 3rd attempt.  He told me he could not find the hot spots., I tried for a bit longer, but just could not do it

I have such a headache in my forehead. I think from the nitro

• Posted

unbelievable you have my sympathy i had no idea things could go soo badly having had 4 fairly smooth ablations just dehydrated with one i can’t imagine what you have been through may i ask which hospital / country ??
  • Posted

That is why at 71 I do not want an ablation, unfortunately I was at a and e last night with a heartbeat of 196 brought down with metropolol, adenisone does not work, I Told them that before they did it.
    • Posted

Ann,

What type of SVT do you have.?

I have AT, and my EP told me that adenisone will not stop AT.

Interesting that you mentioned that it will not stop your tachy

• Posted

I have ectopics , Svt and mitral valve leak, the electrophysiologist offered me an an ablation and left it open for me to decide, I haven,t had the tests and despite seeing my general practitioner to ask for the tests he advised me to have the ablation., they do not tell you that there is not a hundred percent chance of success and having read the posts on here I don,t want my quality of life disrupted.  This Svt does interfere with your life though, I just don,t know what to decide .  Hope you recover from this trauma.  I live outside London.
    • Posted

Do you know what type of SVT you have ?  I know that if it is AVNRT the success is about 97%

How often do your get SVT and how long does it last?

• Posted

I didn,t know there were different types, doctors never mentioned and I suppose never having had the proper tests is the reason.  I,ve had lots of small attacks over 12 years which settled immediately after about 5 minutes but did not know what they were until a big attack in Feb 2017 which had to be put back by the hospital, I,ve had 3 more big attacks of 197 beats a minute which warranted hospital treatment.   I would say the attacks carry on until the metropolol brings them down which could be 4 hours.  Adenisone has been tried but it did not bring it down, it is extremely uncomfortable because I feel as if I,m being suffocated and an ache in my left chest.  I,ve had ectopics for 42 years.   I also have the strong heartbeats which feel as if my heart is trying to get out of my chest.     I will pursue further tests but am still uncertain about having the ablation.
    • Posted

There are many different tachycardias.

My EP told me that the one i have is AT, and adenisone will not stop mine.

My episodes are any fron 45 minutes to the longest 6 hours.

So do you only take metropolol  only when you have an episode?

• Posted

Yes. I was on bisoprolol 1.25, my blood pressure dropped so low and I felt very dizzy, I was on it 9 months, when the electrophysiologist saw me in March he told me to come off them.   The hospital tried to bring my heartbeat down on 2 occasions with adenisone, it’s not a pleasant experience but after 3 attempts and no luck they gave me metropolol. I seem to have unpleasant side effects from medication.   I will have to get this problem sorted because I may have atrial fibrillation and there’s a danger of stroke. I had one Svt  in 2016 in the middle of the night, I woke up with my heart racing so I got in the car and went to the hospital, I was sat on a bed with a monitor and it went down,I think it was 150 that time, I didn,t know what it was then so I got in the car and drove home.  Our health service is under stress in England, I don,t feel properly cared about despite working all my life and bringing up 3 children.
    • Posted

Ann,

How were you when you stopped the biso?

I was on it for 4 months. The first 2 months at 2.5 and the last 2 months at 1.25 mg.'

When I had to stop it abruptly to have my first unsuccessful ablation, I went through severe withdrawals.

At the time I did not realize it was withdrawals and thought it was anxiety.  I was put on 2 types of anxiety meds which one was a benzo.   Went through hell coming off these too.  I am 5 months post and still having withdrawals.   Live and learn.......

I have read on different forums about the withdrawals from stopping biso cold turkey, and boy I had it all.   Some seem not to have problems, but many do.

When I was taking biso, I also had side affects.  Very low blood pressure,  low heart rate,   my hands and feet were freezing,  and I could not get off the sofa.   Weeks of feeling like a zombie.   Terrible stuff

Mys tachy only started  Feb 2016., and I was 61 years old.    Just a bunch of crap this is...... 

• Posted

I had very low heartbeat never more than 54 and one afternoon it was 44, I had cold feet felt dizzy and breathless, my quality of life was 

bad and I am quite active, I felt tired very quickly though.   I did have a higher heartbeat than I had before Bisoprolol, it was high 70s and low 80s but it is going down a little.   Coming off Bisoprolol was not a problem because I cut it down slowly, I felt more energetic afterwards and a lot better in myself. This Svt and ectopics does affect my life, I can,t go on holiday or travel long distances because I never know when I will have an attack nowadays, I make the best of my life I can, I have a great grandchild coming in 3 weeks, so I will spend time with my grandaughter.  Kind regards Ann

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.