Abdominal pain after eating and blood in stool?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

I am 22 years old and have on and off suffered from abdominal pain for 3 years.

It comes and goes in periods and doesn't seem to be affected by eating habits as I never change those except when this happens and I try to avoid certain foods like acidic and spicy ones.

Right now I have pain immadietely after I eat something, it makes no difference what I eat it can be something healthy, something unhealthy, fast food, regular food, whatever - I get the same reaction. It burns sometimes also in my throat a little bit and it hurts, my stomach feels as if though i've swallowed rocks or something - it feels weighed down. Not sure how else to describe it!

I can admit that I am not the healthiest person around as I have fast metabolism so I never gain any weight which means I don't care what I eat but I try to limit chips, candy and soda to weekends only anyway. I rarely drink alcohol and when I do it's 3 glasses maximum in the same night. I do however drink coffee and have loved coffee ever since I was a kid... yes you read that right. I could never imagine giving up coffee for good but when my stomach gets bad I try to give it up entirely and stick to green tea which is supposed to be good to the stomach... Or else I drink bicarbonate with my coffee. But nothing makes my stomach hurt like eating ! Not coffee or even a glass of alcohol, that's the strange thing. Coffee can sometimes even make my stomach feel a little better, at least that's happened before. I haven't tried that "remedy" in a while now. I have also noticed that taking a walk after eating helps take the symptoms away much faster! 

I'm very concerned because I have noticed what seems to be blood in my stool and does that mean an ulcer? Or something else? I have booked an appointment with a doctor but I would still like to hear some answers and if I can treat this myself somehow? I am very confused as I am not THAT unhealthy in my diet and nowadays I usually stick to one coffee a day and eat a lot less candy and chips than I used to as a kid. I am very easily stressed but didn't think that could have such bad effect on the body.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Where is the abdominal pain located? And you said burning in your throat, that sounds like acid reflux. How are your stools? Loose, soft, hard as if you're constipated, etc? Your symptoms don't sound like anything serious, but it's good you made an appt with your doctor. It could very well be an ulcer, or even gastritis. If you were bleeding from your stomach, however, your stools will be darker, almost black. If it was lower in your intestines, it's bright red. 

• Posted

It's right in the middle of my stomach, sometimes I feel a cramping on one side but it's never the same one. My stools are very dark, like dark green but i've also seen bright red on the toilet paper... 

• Posted

Get checked asap... helycobacter could be well responsible - eating away your stomach lining
  • Posted

Stress can have a massive effect on your body particulary your gut!  I got GERD, IBS and costochondritis all because of my anxiety.  If you think you saw blood in your stool, see your doctor straight away.  Try a food diary since the problems happen after eating.  However, your doctor is the only one who can diagnose and treat you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.