Diazepam Withdrawel

Posted , 2 users are following.

I thought i would let people know how i am after 4 weeks Diazepam free (on Friday gone) since i found a lot of people suffering from this dangerous drug. In the Blackpool area doctors wont even prescribe them anymore, putting notices up in Surgery windows.

I was taking 20-30mg daily for a good 2 years, probably over. I'd already reduced from 40mg, prescribed for acute anxiety and depression.

Week 1 was the easiest week. After a few days i felt it, dont get me wrong, but nothing i couldn't handle. Mostly physical only symptoms, stomach ache, headache, feeling shaky and panicky.

Week 2 is when the real fun began. All the above magnifyed, plus i began to hear things. Massive panic attacks, literally believing i was having a heart attack and that i was going to die. Just add here i've been to hospital twice because i was so bad in the past 4 weeks, but stopped when they just wanted to give me more DIAZEPAM!

Week 3 all of the above!

Week 4 is when i actuall had a few O.K days, but with this drug just when you think the worst is over it can spike right back. Suddenly sweat is literally dripping off my nose, feeling freezing, shaking uncontrollably, having to constantly concentrate on my breathing to calm myself down.

After 4 weeks it does start getting better, i mean, everyday is a good day without that poison. It is worse than heroin. With something like heroin, its not pleasant but it wont kill you. But benzodiazepines and alcohol can kill you because of seizures, so don't do what i did and stop from 30mg. Get yourself down to the lowest dose of 2mg and do it that way, because even off that small dose you will still have withdrawel symptoms. Good Luck. Hope this helps

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations!!!!
    • Posted

Thanks but after today im not at the end yet! Today has been terrible! Uncontrollably shaking, the sweat dripping off my nose, but freezing at the same time. I phoned my doc and he advised going to hospital but its calmed down a bit. Im not even sure if its the withdrawels, God knows?! Its been 5 weeks on Friday so its bitter sweet at the mo. Hope your doing o.k with your thing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.