How to stop Zdrugs and Benzos

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think we need more people on here with stories on how to quit these deadly drugs if someone is abusing them.

Those that have overcome.

Who goes first in creating hope?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on Zop for years, never increasing beyond 7.5, but using them recreationally on occasion. My sleep was terrible, I'd wake up and not be able to fall back asleep when I was on it. I finally said ENOUGH! I am one of the lucky ones that can give them up without withdrawal. I would go to bed and say, "eventually I will fall asleep". If you put pressure on yourself to fall asleep, it won't happen. I can keep a box of pills in the house and not take one unless I have a lot on my mind, what I call "the washing machine effect". Try melatonin, camomile tea, and go to bed at the same time every night in a quiet room. take a quick shower to feel cozy. Good luck

• Posted

I agree, we put pressure on ourselves when we go to bed. We clock watch desperately waiting for the moment we drop off, which doesn’t always come. I found quiet music in the background soothing, volume just enough that you have to concentrate to listen. This seems to act as a distraction. I went through my withdrawal like this. As I said in a previous post, I did have tremors, headaches, increased anxiety etc but nibble the tablets down in size and when the withdraws feelings decrease reduce the dosage again and so on. About a year ago I did ask my GP about using diazepam in a tapering regime and he felt I end up in a worse situation, we agreed to reduce slowly. It works, you just have to be patient and confident and have faith that you have the strength to get off Zimovane. You need to believe that you can and you will do it. 
  • Posted

Don't expect to be happy coming off of them. You will go back to a s****y sleep routine and you just have to accept it. You will notice your emotions start to come back, and you feel a sense of "well being", this is so worth the struggle.

For me coming off of Triazolam was the hardest. But i was getting really bad headaches and felt my brain turning to mush, also really irritable. So i did it without hesitation and will not go back.

I come off my high dosages of Zopiclone cold turkey regularly to get rid of the side affects. The first 3 nights the little i sleep i have VERY STRANGE VERY SCARY NIGHTMARES, nightmares that show me I have never really felt pure "FEAR". The nightmares go away after 2-3 days. The next few days are when you just have to accept that your sleep is going back to the way it was before "little of it".

I play video games all night and watch TV the first few nights, what else to do??? i lay down only when i'm so exhausted i cannot take it.

The fact is most of us with sleep issue's are likely affected by ultra violet lights, and radio communication signals. I know this is the case for me, my ears always ring, but when i'm away at a cottage in the country with no TV and little radio/satelitte signals the ringing stops and i feel myself starting to sleep better. You can get sunglasses for watching TV late at night to stop the UV light affect on your brain, but their is nothing out there for all the different signals beaming around the planet.

• Posted

I agree, we put pressure on ourselves when we go to bed. We clock watch desperately waiting for the moment we drop off, which doesn’t always come. I found quiet music in the background soothing, volume just enough that you have to concentrate to listen. This seems to act as a distraction. I went through my withdrawal like this. As I said in a previous post, I did have tremors, headaches, increased anxiety etc but nibble the tablets down in size and when the withdrawal feelings decrease reduce the dosage again and so on. About a year ago I did ask my GP about using diazepam in a tapering regime and he felt I end up in a worse situation, we agreed to reduce slowly. It works, you just have to be patient and confident and have faith that you have the strength to get off Zimovane. You need to believe that you can and you will do it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.