Diazepam Withdrawel

Posted , 5 users are following.

Its been 5 weeks on Friday without any Valium and today i felt terrible. My doctor advised going to the hospital, but things calmed down so i'm gonna see how it goes.

Today ive been shaking uncontrollably, sweat pouring off me, but freezing at the same time. 

I did a Valium detox a few years ago and i ended up sectioned under the mental health acted. I was totally gone! Full blown hallucinations, thinking hospital staff were plotting against me and going to burgle my flat! Totally lost it. But i suffer already with mental health and i have yet to find a drug more effective than Valium. It just has a real nasty side.

That said i cannot remember it lasting this long. Its killing me at times. So intense it feels like its something else, something serious. Theres a nagging doupt constantly.

But in these 5 weeks ive been to the docters twice, hospital once and been told they can't find anything! They just put it down to acute panic attacks brought on by stress and magnifyed because of the withdrawel symptoms. Not a nice drug. I stopped from a much larger dose than i should of and i would definely suggest devising a 'taper' plan with your docter/phsyciatrist.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Right-stopping at anything larger than a teeny, tiny dose is not advisable. At least I have only been on Valium since January of 2018, but as my addiction psych doc reminds me, I have actually been on a Benzo (Lorazepam before which he got me off of earlier this year with the Valium substitution) since August of 2015. Now the Lorazepam only got up to 2.5 mgs per day during any of that time, but nonetheless, my body is accustomed to Benzo's now. Thanks for your reply in the other thread as well. Right that before I read this. I hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Thx for the words of encouragment.

I know i was silly by stopping suddenly from 30mg, but somehow ive managed to get through it.

Its so much more than physical symptoms when withdrawing from benzos'. Constantly worrying and doupting yourself, mind games like crazy. It isnt nice but today is the first day ive felt normal when i wake up.

I've been waking and instantly i start sweating and feeling sick, but this morning there was none of that.

Hopefully it has passed.

• Posted

Valium is a benzo and has to be tapered slowly See Ashton Manual. I think benzos should be banned

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.