Started Paroxatine Hcl 40mg and Lorazepham 0.05mg for Anxiaty and Depersonalization need advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Need help!!!! I have had depression/Anxiaty now Depersonalization since January 2018. I am tired of living with all these scary fellings confused, feeling detached,not feeling like my self, feeling like I am gonna pass out every minute 24/7 feeling soo desperate I dont know what to do anymore has anybody used paxil for this my dr also prescribed me Lorazepam 0.5 I am soo tired of feeling like this every second need advice please!!!😔😞

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, maybe o back to your gp and see what they can do. I have been on anti depressants for years. It could be you need a different type but also just see if there's anything the doctor can do maybe refer you to a phychiatrist consultant.

So do know what you're going through.

• Posted

I’m so sorry to hear about this. I have dealt with anxiety and depression ever since I can remember. It just got worse and worse over the years and that’s when I knew something was wrong with me. I started 20 mg Paxil back last year on February 22nd and I am now on 30 mg. It actually took about 6 months to actually start working and noticing huge effects, but though out those six months I had waves of good days and bad ones too. I had to cancel school and work for about 3 months due to the increased side effects. But after 6 months, things started becoming brighter and I was actually seeing the world for what it truly is, rather than living in the state of constant anxiety/depression everyday. I couldn’t do anything. I wasn’t making friends, I would hide at work, I was super anxious at school to the point where I had panic attacks. I knew people around me noticed it but I just couldn’t help it. Now 1 year and 7 months in, I am a new person. I am more lively, I can laugh, make jokes, and I figured out I had ADHD as well. It’s just a matter of time until u heal. I wouldn’t want to switch this drug for anything!!! I hope you stay on ur meds and just wait it out. It’s a process. You won’t just wake up happy over night. It takes time for the med to build up. Until then, I suggest you try deep breathing exercises and meditation. (I know how hard it can be when ur anxious all the time but just try it). !! 
    • Posted

dont know if your still around i have been on paxil for anxietyfor 7 weeks at 12.5 so it can take a while to help

• Posted

Curious to how you feel now that’s some time has passed, Hilda?   I recently started having panic attacks again and am considering restarting Paxil. I was on it last year for panic attacks and anxiety and it worked really well! Only downside was I gained a bunch of weight on it. 
  • Posted

Hi Hilda,

I am a chronic anxiety sufferer of 9 years, also depersonalization for 2/3 years.

My doc has just took me off Trazodone as I had 5 panic attacks this week and put me on Paroxatine.

We are on this journey together my friend 😃

• Posted

Hi Hilda, hope you are feeling a bit better my advice is hang on in there!! The paroxetine turned my life around and im still on it 10 years later, it worked pretty quick for me i hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.