Night Sweats

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was on Ativan for 10 years and I am currently taking Buspar

I found my anxiety and mild depression was not managed so my doctor prescribed Effexor and I love it.

What I don't love is the horrendous night sweats where I literally change my clothes once or twice in the middle of the night and I have tremors.

On my next check up I will discuss lower the dose from 50mg twice a day 37.5 twice a day.

And I will start to wean off of the Buspar.

I have anxiety and depression since my early twenties and tried a few meds this one works well.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I find if I am stressed the sweating increases a lot and if I am doing anything physical but the night sweats calm down over time I hated that part of it
    • Posted

I also hate the night sweats.

I know this sounds silly but I don't like to sweat, I am not accustomed to this.

• Posted

Hello Mary. I’ve been on Effexor 37.5 mg once a day for just a bit over a month. When i first started it i had horrible night sweats. They will go away. I also had bad tremors. Those took a little longer to go away but they did! Effexor helped me depression a lot. Anxiety, not so much. But I’m still hopeful. 

Good luck to you. 

• Posted

Thank you very much Darla for responding.

I feel much better knowing these awful night sweats will eventually go away along with the tremors.

The medication has helped me a lot.

The sweats on the other hand have increased the loads of laundry 🙄

• Posted

I have been on Effexor for years. Just shifted (over months) to a lower dose.  I feel your pain on the night sweats.  I had to buy a pad for the bed so I didn't ruin the mattress.  I have found with the lower dose (37.5 from 150) that the night sweats seem to be a little better.  I used to wake up completely SOAKED . My skin looked like I had been sitting in a bathtub for hours.  Its probably the only side effect I've had from this drug,but its kind of a gross one smile  . Good luck.  I found this thing called a 'cooling pad' online that you can use to put in your pillow, etc.  Works ok. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.