Knee clicking after TKR

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm now nearly 3 weeks post op from my left knee TKR.

I'm elevating, icing, taking meds, doing exercises etc.

Over the last 3 days I've noticed my knee clicking, no extra pain or anything just this clicking noise.

I have Googled it and seems fairly normal but what experience of this have others had?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I’m 6 months post op. Right TKR. I didn’t have any clicking in the early days mainly because the selling was so bad and I was in pain so didn’t really have much movement. I do now, movement is fab 😃 yes I have clicking  but no pain. Getting used to it. I did have a lot of clicking with my arthritic knee so  used to it.  Doesn’t cause me any problems consultant said it would do was expecting it. X 

• Posted

I asked my last surgeon about it and the reply was its the implant ( not exactly sure what the implant is made of I think there is some plastic along with the metal and as you bend you hear it , I call it my " Rice Krispies " Knee. Rice Krispies is the name of a cereal that has the slogan " snap crackle pop " )

• Posted

Yes I’m same and it seems to come and go, apparently very normal, and may settle with time. 
  • Posted

Hi. I have the clicking in my knee after TKR, I mentioned it to my surgeon he said that's normal, if it doesn't click then its to tight, hope that helps. MAX

• Posted

I am 5 months post TKR and I also have clinking in the knee at times.  I think that my knee clicks when I have overdone it and my muscles around the knee are tired.   It is weird but not painful...
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies I'll see how I go, seeing consultant in 4 weeks for a check up so I'll ask him as well.

• Posted

I am 3 1/2 weeks out of LTKR. I also have some clicking. I asked my surgeon about it and he said it is perfectly normal. I also asked if it will go away. He said sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t. I was surprised at the answer but not dismayed. If that is the only issue I will have to contend with - I will be delighted. At least I will not have to cope with pain and disability. 
  • Posted

Clicking, popping, clunking...what else is new.  At 2+ years, it's 99% gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.