Questiom

Posted , 4 users are following.

After pcnl, were you able to get out of house after 5 days?    

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Barely. There was so much pain/discomfort. I still cannot believe I went back to teaching, after taking off one week. Stent was in for 3-4 weeks. Was pure Hell. Good luck, I advise taking as much time as you need to recover.
  • Posted

Is the like a nephrostomy tube? So I just got one of those put in I’m 26 weeks pregnant I have to say much better than a stent I had last year I had a stent in for a week and I couldn’t do It! I’m having a really hard time now because they can’t remove the stone till after pregnancy, so I have to have this tube in for 13 more weeks! 
    • Posted

Brittany Sorry to hear that!  Please take care. It seems from posts nephrostomy tube is not as bad as stent.   
  • Posted

No.  I was in hospital for a week.

Had a catheter in for 3 days and a stent in for a week.

I did go for a Christmas meal with my friends and my sister came to help me.

That was on the 10th day after the operation.

First time out. I was very tired afterwards, came home and went to sleep. (As one does after a Christmas meal!!)

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.