Stomach issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, have a question. I take 100 zoloft and doing pretty good but started to have stomach issues. I was on 50 for four months and then upped to 100. Was wondering if anyone else had the same issue with zoloft even after all this time on it. Any response would be appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I felt sick for months after starting sertraline now I have no side effects. Hang in there
  • Posted

Yes, I took it for 7 months then came off it. Went back on it after two months then developed diarrhoea. I am now coming off it as I think it has caused diarrhoea. Perhaps it takes a while to change the microbiome in the gut but Sertraline is known for causing gut issues. Good luck..

• Posted

Thanks Lynn for info, all is appreciated. Sometimes just need to know if this is something others are experiencing.
  • Posted

Hi Brenda,

I’m currently weaning myself off 50mg , (12 weeks) currently at 25mg for 3 weeks  due to stomach issues. I was running to the loo several times a day, reduced to 25mg and no more stomach issues, the doctor said stomach probs normally go after a couple of weeks but unfortunately not for me.  Why don’t you try dropping to 75mg for a few weeks and then increase to the 100mg. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Tania, i might have to. I'm going to give it another week. I really don't want to get off because it has helped me so much.

• Posted

Hi Brenda. .yea I have stomach trouble as well. . It's like an ache. .every morning. .subsides a bit when I've had something to eat. .but is always in the background. . Another monster to cope with. .God bless for now Brenda. . Not feeling the best since upped meds a week ago. . 😐

• Posted

Hi Ida, yep a nother monster to deal with. Your right about it being in the background just waiting. Mine seems to be fine when i do fall asleep, no problem. Its when i wake up and move around. And it really hits after 2 or 3 hours after taking pill. Thank you for replying my friend. Angel blessing to you. 😇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.