Pain in feet

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have arthritis in both feet and have pain in both feet when walking and when I climb the stairs at home, I have to crawl because if the pain gets too bad, I could loose my balance and fall.

Does anyone know if there is anything that could be done?

I am reliant on lifts wherever I go.  Doctors prescribed me Pregabalin, but they don't do anything.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This is probably a stupid question but have you tried wearing "padding" in your shoes? I always wear/have at least one pair of inner-soles in my shoes. They vary from cheap white ones like Scholl or Home Brand types that are foam, to lambs wool ones. I have pain in the soles of my feet and also in my bone ... darn, what's that called? ... above the ball of your foot?? Arthritis I was told. **Need soft shoes.**

Inner-soles have been my saviour but I still get sore feet if I'm on them for too long. I've had pairs of sneakers like Dunlop Volleys for example, that I've had 3 pairs of inner-soles in Left shoe and 2 in Right shoe!!!! My feet are boney and narrow with long toes and a huge ladies size 12.

I usually have to buy Men's shoes. I found some sneakers at K-mart for $15 ... in Men's size 10 ... plenty of space for those inner-soles and being lace-ups I can fit inner-soles in comfortably. I cannot wear any shoes out-and-about without that padding.

I'm in my fifties. During my lifetime I've spent an absolute fortune on shoes that don't get worn. You need shoes that have softness ... like these days lots of shoes are made of a kind of fabric that has a bit of stretch in it ... then buy the shoes a little bit larger to fit your inner-soles AND wear PILLOWFEET SOCKS as well.

**Take your socks and inner-soles along when you try the shoes on.**

Go to a cheap place like Big W or K Mart. Bring your stuff with you! Sit there and try heaps of their shoes on & walk walk walk around the shop in them back & forth. They don't mind if you sit there doing this.

Try try try the shoes while you're there (with your inner-soles in them AND PILLOWFEET socks on) ...

You can "declare" that you have brought in your own socks etc AS YOU ENTER THE STORE...This is the only way to buy shoes! No other way has worked for me.

Don't feel too embarrassed to do this. So many people will suffer in silence due to wearing uncomfortable shoes and being in pain. It's a miserable, invisible problem.

Good luck!!! ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.