What about Actemra vs. Simponi Aria

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,  I have looked at all sites with reviews on these two drugs. I have read there pamphlets.  But this is, the best site for excellent information because you all tell it like it is.  My doctor wants me on one of the 2 biologics and so I am to make a decision in a couple of months because she is taking me off Oriencia. So I need some information.  Please let me know if anybody is on either one of these biologics and how it’s working or not working for you. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just started a new arthoritis med called leflunomide 20 mg I have tried many I feel so much better and it’s only been 10 days since I started it I haven’t felt this good in 8 yrs this is the best med so far and I don’t feel like I’m drugged all day I take it at night 
  • Posted

I take Simponi (no Aria in the name,but I presume the same) injections every four  weeks.I used to take Humira,but had to stop  that as I developed  Psoriasis as a side effect-my Rheum. said it's not a completely uncommon side effect which is ironic as it is also used to treat Psoriasis.

I found Humira to be life changing - Methotrexate did nothing - and probably it's hard to honestly  compare Simponi, as I was feeling the effect from Humira when I started taking it, so it didn't seem as life changing, if that make  sense.

However, it seems  to be effective, although I can sometimes feel it starting to wear off before the next dose is due. My Rheumatologist agrees that this can happen, so be aware. Mention it toyours if this happens. It is incredibly easy to inject, and I would say, almost foolproof. And I say this as a person who was terrified of injecting myself -never worried if another person was administering them.

I know nothing about the other, I'm sorry.

• Posted

Hi Jo, I was taking Actemra injections and it worked fine for me, the only downside was I have diverticulitis and it made it worse for some reason, it says on the leaflet that care should be taken using it if you have diverticulitis so I would suggest you check the leaflets for both biologics before you make your decision. I am now in Orencia and that works really well too. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.